About naturopath Sally Mathrick
Sally is a leading Australian Naturopath and health educator practicing natural medicine since 2003. She consults in Clifton Hill/Nth Fitzroy Melbourne and provides online consultations with people all over the world. She is also a lecturer at Laureate University, Southern School of Natural Medicine.
Sally is widely published health writer in the popular press and in a number of textbooks and industry journals, including writing the DIY Detox column for Wellbeing Australia magazine. She is also a speaker and regularly inspires workplaces through experiential health presentations.
Sally was elected to the board of directors of The Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA) in 2018. Established 100 years, NHAA lobbies for naturopaths and herbalist to be registered and recognised as health care professionals in Australia. She also teaches clinical naturopathy at Southern School of Natural Therapies.
Sally Mathrick is a health educator and communicator.
Sally is passionate about empowering people to make the right choices about their health, and the health of their environments. As an experienced, university trained naturopath, Sally is able to translate complex health concepts for the general public.
WORKPLACES: Sally provides experiential health education in workplaces in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Bendigo and Byron Bay. Her workplace wellness presentations and programs are wholistic, draw upon effective evidenced natural therapies and provide participants with an experience to enhance adoption of good health habits.
- Columnist for Wellbeing Australia, The Northern Star and The Bendigo Adverister (Fairfax).
- Published freelance health writer for numerous magazines including Mindfood, Spa Asia Magazine (Singapore) and Nature and Health (UK). Publication list here.
- Interviewed for comment by numerous publications including The Herald Sun, Women’s Day and other magazines.
- Sally, “Naturopath to the Stars” was a lady expert on ABC Radio National Lonely Hearts Club program.
- From 2005-07 she had a weekly radio segment with Mick Corkhil on North Coast NSW ABC.
- Sally has also provided comment and interviews for various radio shows in Australia.
CONFERENCES & TEACHING:
- Sally directed The Byron Integrative Medicine Conferences with colleague Dr Anthony Solomon. These conferences educated and aligned health professionals to facilitate patient-centered integrative medicine practice.
- She has taught Naturopathy students at the Southern School of Natural Therapies and the Holmesglen Institute.
- In 2017 and 2018 she worked with the Australiasian Society of Lifestyle Medicine ASLM, alongside Mr Stephen Penman, to curate and convene Lifestyle Medicine 2017 and 2018.