The ongoing pollution of our planet is inherent in the system we currently live in.
We perpetuate the toxic littering of our environment with ‘normal’ and every day activities. For example, when we eat food not grown locally, buy products wrapped in plastic, fill up the car with petrol, expose ourselves to mainstream fear inciting media.
In 2016 I ran a several Detox Your World workshops (withe the help of my friend the remarkable Amy Hart, from The Soul of Business), gleaning the knowledge of over 150 people, to collate this blog post.
How do you detox your world?
These images are summaries of the solutions to detox each realm of our world. Look at each illustration enlarged to see the hundreds of ways we can act and think to co-create an awesome life.
Each word-image is followed by examples of questions we can ask ourselves to keep us moving towards regeneration (unabridged):
Detox your body
- Am I responding, or am I being reactive?
- Is this thought/emotion/action helping me to be a better person tomorrow?
- Do I really need it?
- How will this effect me in the future?
- How do I make the best decision? What parameters are there for me to base good decisions upon?
- Is this truly nourishing?
- IS this joyful and nurturing of life?
- Am I being conscious?
- How does this product effect my body?
- Do I understand what I’m consuming?
- Can I only consume what I know to be beneficial to me?
- Can I explain why I’m doing this? Ie smoking
- What are my alternatives?
- Is what I’m about to do going to cause harm to my body
- Do I really need to buy this product?
- Is there a better alternative?
- What are the real costs in my decision?
- How versatile is this natural product?
Detox your thinking
- How can I generate/create the gap/space/pause every day?
What methods could I commit to achieve this?
- Am I living my truth?
- What is my truest hearts desire?
- Will this thought head me in the direction of my core values/ our communal values?
- Am I valuing myself?
- Am I truly looking after my mental, physical and spiritual health?
- Am I living in the now?
- Am I connected?
- Am I present?
- Am I balanced?
- Am I dealing with my emotions in a healthy way?
- Am I giving attention/energy to negative thoughts/beliefs/self talk?
- Do I love myself?
- How can I feel ‘enough’
- How will this serve my future?
- Are peoples expectations helping me evolve into something that suits me, or not?
- Will this raise my energy?
Will this juice me… or will this zap me?
- What is the impact of my action or thought?
- If I focus on this, how will it grow?
- Do I need to sit with this before I action this?*
- What am I feeling?
- How can I be of service?
Does my action create a service for the greater good?
- Can I change this?
Detox your Social Realm
- How can I be a good role model?
- How much energy do I give that doesn’t serve/support life?
- Is this nourishing?
- How do I define success?
- What’s a healthy idea of success?
- Who is this message serving?
- Who/what messages do I want to share my space with?
- How consciously am I curating my media to support flourishing in my social realm?
- Does this make life more wonderful?
- Do I really need this? (thought/thing/purchase)?
- How can I be more inclusive?
- How can all/my voice/s be heard in a conversation or discussion?
- What are the different ways we can listen? How can we hear in different ways?
- What is the emerging future, and can I be aware/here/feel/accept that?
- How can I feel safe in the unknowing?
- How comfortable can I be with being myself?
- How can I bring kindness/compassion to this situation?
- How can we break out of right/wrong thinking?
- How many children should I have?
- Does my action/behaviour put me closer or further away from life?
- How will this effect my children/generations to come?
- Am I true to my ancertral instinct or conforming to social norms?
- What is ethical?
- What is the end consequence of my actions?
- How do we deal with conflict?
- What does the other person need to hear?
Detox Our World
- What can I do better?
- Does this serve life, or destroy it?
- Do I really need it? Can I co-own this?
- Can I grow/produce this myself?
- Where does this product come from?
- What will this be in 20 years from now?
- How can I restore this?
- How close to Nature is this product?
- How many uses does this have? Is it multi-functional?
- Do we need to be doing so much?
- Is this part of the solution, or part of the problem?
- How can we nurture the bees?
- Is a little luxury/convenience worth the destruction of sea-life and potentially the planet?
- Does the lack of plastic bags really impact your life?
- Do you value oxygen
- Have you really thought about a life without living oceans?
- How can I support healthy marine environments?
- How am I breaking my normal habits?
- How can I reduce my packaging?
- Is this money supporting wholesome/ethical practices?
- What impact does this have on the environment?
- Is this even necessary?
- Am I putting chemicals on myself?
Regenerating our world is everyone’s responsibility.
Let’s do this!
This is one element of Sparkle Detox Course – a step-by-step, effective and safe, body tissue cleansing process designed by Naturopath Sally Mathrick. If you haven’t already, join Sparkle Detox. You’ll have life-time access to wholistic, doable, ‘delicious-with-benefits’ practices to keep your precious body-mind healthy, fresh and vital. JOIN NOW