“Eat your drinks, and drink your food” – Naturopathic adage
In today’s busy world, our capacity for proper digestion is diminished. This is partly because when we are stressed, we can’t digest.
It’s natural that when we experience a stressful event, our physiological processes enable us to think sharply, be strong and run fast (to deal with that ferocious tiger – or boss!)
This reaction shunts energy away from digestive processes, and activates functions that enhance our chance of survival in the immediate future. When we’re chronically stressed, due to what ever ongoing worries or pressures, our bodies’ energies are directed in a similar manner, and digestive capacity is significantly weakened.
For an optimal digestion, we need to R E L A X.
And if you can’t relax, drink your food instead.
Liquid food can be nutrient dense. It can hydrate you. It can be very convenient. It can be easier to consume, break down and absorb than solid foods.
Liquid foods include soups, broths, juices, smoothies and elixirs.
These have already been partially ‘chewed’ for us. Its food components are small and easier on the digestive system. However, it’s important to keep the liquid food in the mouth momentarily for ‘insalivation’ to occur. Insalivation is the polite word for mixing saliva with your food. This generally happens when you chew your food. With liquid food, it means you need to drink slowly.
With liquid foods, it’s important to sip slowly and enjoy the taste sensations on the tongue, and not gulp them down too quickly.
To help resist the urge of sculling it down fast, one idea is that you don’t make your liquid meal taste too delicious!!
Liquid Nutrition can provide convenient and highly nutritious ‘fuel’ foods for active, busy lifestyles. Creating the right liquid meals to suit your life needs is an ongoing tailoring process. It must take into account your energy requirements, the activities you’re involved in, the temperature of your environment, what’s in season, what phase of growth and development you are in, your taste preferences etcetera.
Learning how to make nourishing smoothies, soups, juices & elixirs can give your life that added boost!
A common mistake is to pile lots of foods high in sugars into a smoothie. This is okay for sometimes, but you may also want to consider savoury smoothies…
Learn about liquid nutrition with Naturopath Sally Mathrick
Liquid Nutrition Workshop is perfect for busy people who want to nourish and fuel their full lives – and their kids’ lives – with healthy and delicious food!
Learn how to make super nutritional liquid foods
- 2-hr workshop with Naturopath Sally Mathrick
- Taste a range of juices, superfoods, and smoothies
- Create & share your own smoothie
- PLUS a Sound Medicine Green Smoothie e-Guide
- There’s a good chance you will have a laugh too!!
You’ll create your own smoothie during the workshop share it and tell everyone WHY it’s so fantastic.
You’ll learn about the therapeutic role different foods play to support, repair and heal your body, and take home knowledge that will benefit your health for the rest of your life:
- Insights on the different styles of smoothies ie ‘green smoothies’, ‘green soup’, protein smoothies
- Differences, pros & cons between smoothies, soups and juices
- Which proteins, fats and carbs to use to create a smoothie to suit you
- Food as medicine – what healing qualities different foods provide
- The benefits of liquid foods on digestion and in times of stress
- Dive into the world of ‘superfoods’
- How to make delicious smoothies for your wellbeing
- Understand different kitchen machines – blenders & juicers
Welcome to the world of liquid nutrition!