Think better for longer: Tactics that can reduced dementia risk by 60%
Learn actions and practices that enhance your chances of enjoying interesting conversations for your entire life.
We all experiences a memory lapse here and there. As we age it seems this is ‘just what happens’. Today more women in Australia die of dementia associated illnesses than any other complication. However there are ways to protect and even reverse signs of dementia, which we can incorporate into our daily patterns and enjoy interesting, rich and fun conversations and experiences till the day we drop off this moral coil.
HERE’S a 25-minute talk I delivered February 2019 on 6 tips and lifestyle approaches to supporting Brain Health
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- Some of the different theories of why dementia occurs.
- How to minimise the possible causes of dementia.
- How to enhance brain vitality – through lifestyle medicine.
- A wide range of meal ideas you can incorporate to support good brain nourishment.
WHAT YOU TAKE HOME:
- Some nourishing sweet treats that are quite delicious and supportive of good brain health
- Knowledge that will serve you well for ever
WHERE: Recharge Health Clinic 324 Queens Parade Clifton Hill 3068
WHEN: 6.30-8pm Wednesday 19th June
$88 pensioner/unwaged (please use the coupon code CONCESSION at check out and bring your card to the workshop).
What happens in a Nourish Yourself 90-minute Health Taster?
We start at 6.30pm and explore a topical question for 10 minutes. Then Sally will share some of the latest understandings from nutritional sciences and Lifestyle Medicine for 15 minutes or so. Following this we get hands on into the experience at hand – prepping, tasting, making etc. Then we reflect, discuss and generate some of the key ways we can implement the health hacks at home. You leave with somethings of great value, and out the door by 8.00pm.