Lose weight (and save the planet!)
Heard that a plant based diet and reducing meat intake is better for your health PLUS radically reduces global warming, but are not sure what to do?
Fearful that eating more plants means having to eat bland, fart-inducing foods for the rest of your life?
Got no idea what, let alone why, you would activate nuts? (You’ll learn how and taste why…)
Want some clarity on the “low carb”, “clean & dirty keto”, “high protein” dieting stories?
Want to lose fat, increase energy, and enjoy this lovely planet we have?
This workshop unpacks high proteins and low carb diets, shows you how increasing proteins from plants and funghi foods can satisfy you and keep you healthy and lean.
“a cooking class meets a nutrition class”
We get tasting with activating and sprouting nuts, seeds and legumes, and hands on with blending and using herbs and spices to make them even more tasty.
“Hands on, informative fun”
Learn about “low carb” eating and master vegetable proteins
It’s shown that “low carb diets” – popularly called paleo and keto diets – helps to drop excess weight, but how can we achieve this without eating copious amounts of protein and fat from meats and other animal foods, and avoid the ill health risks?
In this workshop you will obtain know-how about combining, sprouting and activating plant foods, and making them tasty so you can increase them in your diet.
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- About macro-nutrients (carbs, proteins & fats) and how each has an array of subsets
- How shifting the percentages of each will aid in fat burning
- Clear definitions of keto, paleo & low carb – and what might be right for you
- Deep dive into carbohydrates types and complete proteins
- Introducing ‘The Planetary Health Diet’ and how to reduce global warming
- Anti-nutrients: what they are, how to navigate them and release nutrition from plants
- Digestive issues with beans (Debunking ‘beans means farts’)
- What this way of eating looks like in your daily diet
“exciting and inspiring…learnt SO MUCH”
Get hands on … (and lots of tasting)
- Learn the best ways to prepare legumes/pulses/beans and activate nuts and seeds
- How to sprout a range of beans, peas and seeds
- Understanding dehydrating foods and tastings
- Unpacking slow cooking processes
- Exploring and creating tasty seasonings to make vegetable proteins taste delicious!
“Informative, fun and wholesome”
WHAT YOU TAKE HOME:
- A kit and starting ingredients to get you sprouting
- Knowledge that will serve you and your family well for ever
- A clear path to healthy weight management
“Practical nutritional knowledge”
If you are what you eat … how vital are you? Bonus aspect of ‘Veggo paleo’ is getting more vitality! Activating foods and preparing them well convey benefits to your gut and enhance your vitality. Try it out and see for yourself!
What happens in a Nourish Yourself 90-minute Health Taster?
We start at 6.30pm and explore a topical question for 10 minutes. Then Sally will share some of the latest understandings from nutritional sciences and Lifestyle Medicine for 15 minutes or so. Following this we get hands on into the experience – prepping, tasting, making etc. Then we reflect, discuss and generate some of the key ways we can implement the health hacks at home. You leave with somethings of great value, and out the door by 8.00pm.
WHERE: Recharge Health Clinic 324 Queens Parade Clifton Hill 3068
WHEN: To be scheduled – please email us now to be first on the next class list