Improve your whole health by nurturing your gut microbiota with food. Learn about fermented foods, and make your own!
Fermented foods can be a huge boon to digestive health and well-being.
We’re only starting to understand how our gut – and in particular the bacteria that live there – radically impact our health. Not only digestive health, but immunity and mental health too!
Processed ‘food-like-products’ are often devoid of vitality, low in nutrition and include pesticides, preservatives and other chemicals involved in food processing. How do these compounds affect our gut linings and microbiomes (the genetic make up of our bacterial buddies)?
While we are still figuring out the answers, science has revealed some intricacies of just how important our gut bacteria are to overall health.
Experience Kraut, Kombucha & Kefir and learn some food secrets to stop you getting sick, feeling tired, moody or blocked up. Hold a workshop to learn how to incorporate more gut care into your every day life, with health educator, Sally Mathrick
Here’s a 10 minute introduction (from 2016) from naturopath Sally Mathrick at a community fermenting food workshop
In 90 (fun) minutes your team learns what helps and hinders healthy populations of gut microbes (and why that’s important). You taste and learn how to make your own fermented foods, plus get deeper insight into your own digestive health and how to regularly implement health-giving strategies into your daily life.
FERMENTING FOOD WORKSHOP
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- A fun, educational, hands on experience for your team
- Understand the process of fermentation and how to do it safely
- How beneficial bacteria can support your health – or not!
- How fermentation of food is one strategy to reduce food wastage. This is a Project Drawdown Solution to combat Climate change.
- You’ll learn how to incorporate practices into your daily life that foster great microbiota diversity and digestive balance
- Consider flavours and textures that tickle your fancy
- Create your own recipe
- Make a jar of fermenting sauerkraut to take home
WHAT YOU TAKE HOME:
- Inspiration to live in optimal health!
- Your jar of sauerkraut to ferment at home
- You’ll get an array of awesome recipes and excellent handout
- A fun experience, plus the opportunity to share in group wisdom about this traditional way of eating
- Know-how that will serve you for years to come!
WHEN AND WHERE:
- We tailor a workshop to deliver to your team
- A 90 minute time frame works best
- Groups of 8-16 are good, however larger groups can be accommodated
- Workshops require clear desk/bench space and access to a kitchen
- We can provide all equipment, or can use yours
Previous participants rate Sally’s fermented food workshop at 93%